Why cold calling is important for start-ups?
Because first 100 customers build your start-up
Cold calling establishes one to one engagement with the customer right from calling stage to acquisition stage. With the help of cold calling scripts available for social media services, insurance sector, real-estate sector, finance sector or any other sector , converting leads into prospective customers become easy. Whatever be the domain of your start up or business , professional scripts written by communication experts are available, e.g.
- Cold calling scripts for bankers
- Cold calling scripts for car sales
- Cold calling scripts for real estate
- Cold calling scripts for financial advisers
- Cold calling scripts for insurance agent
- Cold calling scripts for digital marketing
- Cold calling scripts for social media marketing
It gives opportunity to be intimate with your customers as far as your products and services are considered. A start-up should select first 100 customers very cautiously, because:
- They will be your first brand ambassadors doing publicity of your products/services mouth-to-mouth.
- In the era of Social Media, it has become utmost important because they will share/give feedback on Social Media platforms promptly about your products/services.
- They will give important feedback about technicalities, design, logistics and value for money of your products/services.
- They will share positive/negative experiences about your products/services.
- All this information can be passed to product design or technical team. This kind of information is actionable information out of which technical information can be used to improve the product/service. This product/service improvement cycle should go on continuously until it reaches to a product maturity stage.
- Non-technical information like price, delivery mechanism, packaging and any other contextual information can be used to improve operations and logistics of start-up.
- If these customers are using your other competitor’s products/services, they will give valuable/actionable insights about that. These insights can be used to re-engineer/re-invent/re-design or simply improve your products/services. This is a street smart technique.
Seasoned marketing professional should handle these 100 customers
- SMS Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing and from other channels.
Customize products/services for First 100 Customers
If possible, the products/services should be tailored or customized as per their wishes /fantasies. Even after sale is complete, they should be given after sales/service support for long time free of cost. Keep on calling them on periodically on special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, festivals, etc. These customers should be placed in first 100 in your newsletter campaign and should remain so. These customers can be called on company festivals, programs and occasions. In fact, they can be part of company’s future advertising campaigns in media.
So select first 100 customers very well
So selection of first 100 customers out of huge number of leads generated is very important. Train your staff with cold calling scripts and make them proficient with practice. Don’t run fast to acquire them. It can break or make your start-up. Cold calling provides opportunity to select these first 100 very well. It requires lot of out of box thinking and creative sales and marketing strategies to get first 100 customers. The role of cold calling scripts and cold calling tips and tricks can not be ignored in getting first 100 customers.
If you are interested to have a look on a typical cold-calling script, you may download from here:
The above cold calling script is for a web-hosting and design company. It can be easily modified as a cold calling script for getting appointment for insurance, for real estate, for finance company. This cold calling script for sales and marketing is versatile and the concept can be used for any niche business or start-up