What is Quora?
Quora Partner Program
What is Social Media Platform?
In this modern age, it is the invisible media surrounding us twenty-four hours and seven days. It is like the air which you can feel it every time. It has easy accessibility with finger touch because of smartphones.
Most of the Social Media Platforms are Web 2.0 Internet-based applications controlled and driven by central servers on the Internet. The main driving force of these media platforms is User-Generated Content (UGC) which is generally in the form of comments about people, products and services,
emotional stories and content of real people’s stories, life-event drama, information sharing, and real-world news. Social Media Platforms are used to advertising for products and services.
What makes Social Media So Addictive ?
Social Media Platform is a gathering of people on the INTERNET. Every person needs to have an identity on the platform with his/her own social circles which are generally in the form of groups or communities. Most of the Social Media Platforms are driven by User-Generated Content (UGC) and are based on the philosophy of sharing information to attract people in order to increase its reach of network breadth-wise and depth-wise. People share a lot of information on Social Media in the form of text, images, videos, and other formats. Most of the time, their opinions and feelings are honest, frank, just, and up to the mark.
- Market Research for their products/services
- Sales Forecasting for their products/services
- Understanding the need of new products/services
- Understanding the brand image of existing products/services
- Interacting with existing customers of products/services
- Understanding consumer psyche and behaviour for existing products/services
- Solving customer complaints and grievances
- Competitive analysis of rival products/services
Types of Social Media Addictions
Type of Social Media Platforms
There are many types of Social Media addiction or platforms :
- Community or Group-Based e.g. Facebook Groups
- Informal Social Media Platforms where the business is not supposed to be conducted like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, etc.
- Question and Answer based or Knowledge-Based Social Media Platform e.g. Quora.
- Profile or identity based were sharing, chatting, commenting and friendship is prime concerned e.g. Facebook.
- Social Media Platforms for professional linking to advance in career e.g. LinkedIn.
The above are just broad classification. Eventually, it must be understood that wherever there will be a large gathering of people somehow business will be conducted formally or informally.
Facebook has started allowing people to create their own pages (personal or professional) and on-line stores in order to transact business. It also offers advertising services in the form of Page Boosting and liking at economical rates.
LinkedIn is a profile or identity based social media networking website where the focus is on career opportunities. It also offers the facility to create company or business pages to establish a professional identity of organisation.
The Top Social Media Sites You Need to Care About
The fundamental comparison is between a Social Media Platform where community-based profile identity is created and “Quality of content is not given utmost important” and a platform where “Quality Of Content is given utmost important”. Advertising on Quora is far better as it falls in the second category where quality of content is of utmost important.
Advantages of Quora Advertising
- Content remains trending at the top for a long time. Quora content which is generally in the form of answers can have images, text, videos as well as links to other websites.
- If product/service reviews have a lot of “up votes” and positive comments along with the comment “up voting”, it servers as good quality content for Inbound Marketing.
- For negative comments or feedback, specific customer’s grievances can be addressed and closed transparently on the spot where a negative comment is written by solving the customer’s query.
- It is possible to redirect the customer’s attention to the website of the concerned product/service by specifying website links.
- The content provides a source of good inbound traffic for product/service websites or blogs.
- It also provides full-text based search on any topic. If questions and answers are present as per the relevant topic searched, it presents results in the format as per other Search Engines.
- It has the facility to create blogs where content can be generated for products/services.
- Answers or Content of Quora can be shared on other Social Media Platforms like Facebook
- Some of the best answers on Quora are shared very often on other Social Media Platforms like Facebook.
- It has facility to create spaces or so called “Quora Spaces“. Again, it can be related to any topic or product or service of a business.
Following website gives some statistics which will justify the impact Quora can make for businesses:
It is not a guest post and the content was created by the blog author.
Authors profile on Quora: Akhilesh Maurya